Friday, July 25, 2008

New arrivals to the blog

Welcome Emal, Chananthorn, Kede, and Vivian!  

Emal is our fearless correspondent in Kabul, providing us with daily coverage of the unfolding events in Afghanistan, where the Taliban insurgency is stronger than ever. Stay safe, Emal.

Chananthorn is one of our two multi-talented reporters in Bangkok, which will host the ASEAN Summit later this year. I've never been to Thailand (want to go!) but Tim is an old Thai hand.

Kede is our dedicated correspondent down in sunny Sydney, and so was busy recently covering the vist of Pope Benedict XVI. 

And a big selamat datang to Vivian, who holds down the fort in Kuala Lumpur. Vivian's been busy recently covering the political drama in Malaysia involving the opposition figure Anwar Ibrahim. 

Wish everyone a great weekend.

Kurt

3 comments:

Vivian Ho said...

Gee...I don't even know who our correspondents are in Kabul, Sydney or Bangkok (OK, maybe except Varunee) if not for this blog ! Kyodo overseas staff don't meet each other unless we get picked to cover international meetings like ASEAN or APEC. Great idea to have this blog.

Chananthorn said...

Hi Kurt and everyone,
Just came back from Singapore.
I joined Siti, Christine and Dario covering ASEAN meetings...deadly tired. (Siti's still busy till now)
Have a nice weekend :-)
This blog's cool!

Kurt said...

Thanks Vivian. I hope it evolves into a useful forum for everyone.